What model is this and how hard would it be to find replacement glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Picture

Attachments

• Resized_20190105_163918.jpeg
    Resized_20190105_163918.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 427
Thanks camfan... we are going to get our butts out there and meet y'all here soon. We've had a ton going on lately. What would you think this heater is worth without the glass in the doors?

Thanks camfan... we are going to get our butts out there and meet y'all here soon. We've had a ton going on lately. What would you think this heater is worth without the glass in the doors?
200 to 250 around here at most

Last edited:
Honey Bear.
I would give 300-350. But I would repaint new brick and glass. Sell it 750-850. It would look like a new stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honey Bear.
I would give 300-350. But I would repaint new brick and glass. Sell it 750-850. It would look like a new stove.

Do they really sell for that much down there? That is crazy

Honey Bear after 13.jpg Honey Bear after 14.jpg The glass is not difficult to replace. It sets against flat gasket material wrapped around glass edge, and is held in place with a piece of flat iron. Do not over tighten so glass can expand.

Reactions: CamFan
The one pictured has the pedestal welded to the stove bottom and air intake sliders above and below doors. This is NOT the mobile home certified version called "Convertible" that the manual is for that is uploaded on the manual thread. Convertible has a removable pedestal. Pictured is a regular Honey Bear. It should have a UL tag with clearances on the pedestal as well. I believe clearances are the same. I will check. The tag is very small and needs to be read with a magnifying glass, or I can get a pic of one. Not easy to get at right now, behind the stove where I have them displayed. Not sure if this is readable on what you are viewing with;

Honey Bear 6.jpg

Stove dimensions are given on page 3, they are the same as Convertible model.

https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/Honey_Bear_Convertible_Manual.pdf

Using the search feature at top right with keyword "Honey Bear" will give you much more info.

Be aware your picture does not show the rear shield that must be installed for UL compliance and reduced clearances given. The increased connector pipe shown (8 inch) is also against code since the stove requires 6 inch connector pipe and chimney. It will not draft properly or clean glass with air wash properly as pictured. That large pipe creates a condenser that allows flue gasses to expand and cool, allowing water vapor in exhaust to condense on pipe walls. It also looks like it is installed upside down with male up which allows condensate to leak out onto stove. It may even be galvanized?? Can't tell in the picture, which is toxic when heated. Stove pipe will be heavier gauge than heat duct pipe that it could be, including the increaser / reducer.That little Honey Bear can no way heat that large of a flue area and have enough heat left to radiate to the area it is capable of heating.

Honey Bear 5.jpg Honey Bear 11.jpg

Rear shield mounts on 4 studs welded to stove rear with nuts to hold in place. CamFan also has new old stock blowers that mount on the bottom, they are variable speed and move air out the top forward of the stove.

Got $500 for this Honey Bear as is. It had the fire screen. I wanted to clean it up and paint it, even bought the brown paint for it, but some guy came to buy another stove and bought this one too. If I found one with glass doors I'd keep it for myself.
HB Front.JPG

I paid $200 for my double door glass Honey from Buffalo NY and $300 last summer for the single door version from upstate NY. They are both like new with little to no use.

Reactions: CamFan
I paid $200 for my double door glass Honey from Buffalo NY and $300 last summer for the single door version from upstate NY.

Coaly pm me your address please so I can send the things you wanted. Thanks. I can get it off my work bench.

I paid $200 for my double door glass Honey from Buffalo NY and $300 last summer for the single door version from upstate NY. They are both like new with little to no use.
Those sound like the right prices to me.

Thank yall for the Info. Coaly I did notice that shield missing. I'm going to try not to offend this guy but I am going to make him an offer on it then try to find the parts. I may or may not use it. I've got several fishers already.....i just have this fisher stove addiction that I cant seem to kick. Haha. Thanks fellas.

Coaly is the ul label on the heat sheild or the stove body.

If it was on the heat sheild and that is missing it is no longer a listed stove and that really drops the value. If the ul tag is gone I think it is worth $200 at the most

Thank yall for the Info. Coaly I did notice that shield missing. I'm going to try not to offend this guy but I am going to make him an offer on it then try to find the parts. I may or may not use it. I've got several fishers already.....i just have this fisher stove addiction that I cant seem to kick. Haha. Thanks fellas.

I have the drawings so you can get a shield made.

Reactions: Fishing-addict
I have the drawings so you can get a shield made.

Yeah the sheild itself is no big deal