what model of Jotul stove is this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

Sep 15, 2014
abq
Asking 1000 with pipes. Not sure the model

Attachments

• 20140913_035829.jpg
    20140913_035829.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 300
This is Jotul's guide to old stoves:
http://jotul.com/us/guides/_attachment/12812?_download=true&_ts=13e18e673e7
Definitely an old non-EPA-certified model. Lots of them on craigslist. It seems folks look up what a comparable modern model costs and think they can ask outrageous prices. I'm sure the older models have their merits, but they're often priced like antiques!

I had the Jotul 8 cat version for 22 years. I bought it new in 1992 , and just sold it last week for $950. I put it on craigslist and had only one call, but the weather is just changing. It served me well, still looked great, and cost me little to maintain. I would still have it but I'm putting on an addition to my house, so I will be going larger with an Osburn 2400 stove. I already have a 2400 insert and love it! Is it worth $950? I think it was!

It is the original non-cat Jotul 8. Worth about $400 if the interior is in good shape and no cracks. $600 cleaned up in peak season, starting in 3,2,1...

Status
Not open for further replies.