WHAT pellets ARE YOU GUYS USING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting the season with 2.4 ton of lacrete. I got a great deal 280 per ton it averaged out to. Great pellet for the price and I have used them before. I also have the last ton of blazers from last year for the really cold stretches. It's worth mentioning the guy that I bought pellets from this year is awesome. Kas Wood pellets out of Fitchburg ma. All pallets were tripple wrapped and everything is stored in a wharehouse, never outside. He delivers within a 40 mile radius for 70 bucks which is cheap. I like supporting family owned and operated buissnes. He also carries north country, eagle valley, and a few other brands. Message me if you need contact info. I went with Pellets r us last year out of acton ma and had no issue. however this year they only wanted to carry newp which are horrible in my opinion. they just posted on thier website lacrete for 369 per ton, not per 1.2 ton skid, which is ridiculous.

Correction $300/ton. $359 is 1.2 tons
Yes they went up. I bought mine over the summer and got them from 338 for 1.2 ton. great pellet even at 359 for 1.2 ton. Kas Wood pellets is awesome it's a mother and son family owned buisness.

Oh nice. Just went to stove keepers and got 4 bags of Northern max, 4 bags of TSC hard/soft blend. And 4 bags of Oakanagan 100% Douglas fir. Will see which is best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh nice. Just went to stove keepers and got 4 bags of Northern max, 4 bags of TSC hard/soft blend. And 4 bags of Oakanagan 100% Douglas fir. Will see which is best?

The douglas fir are the best. I have a ton of blazers left from last year and there is no ash and high heat. the okanagan firs are a tad better. northern max are cubex and burn good with moderate ash. not sure about tsc I have never burnt them. where is stove keepers in mass?

Stove keepers is over the MA border in Brookline NH. Very solid stove shop

Not much in for on thier website for pellet options and delivery area.

Been using Stove Chow's from HD that I got for $259 a ton.

They may not burn the cleanest but they are sure as #%@! hot!!! I'll take the heat over the cleanliness.

American Pellet Company 70% Hard 30% soft. So far I'm really impressed with them. The price was also great 189/ ton. Can only store a little over 2 tons at a time so I got 2 tons. Can still get them for 199/ ton. Seems to be less ash than any pellet I've ever used.
Ron

The spruce points($290 a ton last year) i'm finishing up do not disappoint, great pellet in my book cause they're hot a don't produce much ash, which is big time in an PDVC or PDV.

The two bags of Blazers ($260 a ton this year) i've burnt so far were awesome as well.

HD in Waterford, CT has Stove Chows, at least 25 ton, for $259 two weeks ago when i passed through the parking lot.

This time of the year it's pretty hard for any pellet Not to feel hot...
The sub-zero weather determines a lot about how hot the brand can be.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Status
Not open for further replies.