WHAT pellets ARE YOU GUYS USING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any hints on pellets in the mid west more like northwestern north dakota?

Been to 2 diff tsc and was discouraged that they seemed to cut back from selling soft wood pellets and only lignetics (red lettering)

Picked up 4 bags, but over the two years ive burned pellets they always seemed dirty or to much dust in the bags. Heat is pretty happy but nothing like the olympus.

I only have tsc, menards, and home depot around me.

Would love to get my hands again on some Olympus pellets.. They had them at tsc before.

You think living in oil field country with no trees around they would ship in some better pellet brands

Last edited:
Anyone have any hints on pellets in the mid west more like northwestern north dakota?

Been to 2 diff tsc and was discouraged that they seemed to cut back from selling soft wood pellets and only lignetics (red lettering)

Picked up 4 bags, but over the two years ive burned pellets they always seemed dirty or to much dust in the bags. Heat is pretty happy but nothing like the olympus.

I only have tsc, menards, and home depot around me.

Would love to get my hands again on some Olympus pellets.. They had them at tsc before.

You think living in oil field country with no trees around they would ship in some better pellet brands

How about these guys? Softwood pellets produced in your region. http://www.neimanenterprises.com/heating-pellets/

Using TSC, which are DryCreek, and Green Team. Both brands seem to be burning as good as Barefoot, which I used all last year. Price was much cheaper than what I paid for Barefoot,$289 a ton. Got my supply last spring when everyone was unloading pellets. My average per ton for this season is $189 a ton.

Reactions: Peterfield
Third year burning Barefoot, this year $250/ton l, have 5 ton on hand. Better than last year's production.

Have tried a lot of different brands but keep coming back to BF. Local home depot has stove chow this year, going to pick up 10 bags and see how the XXV burns them; it will burn most anything but I like a premium pellet to minimize cleaning and ash pan dumps.

Reactions: cecil_archer
2 tons of Barefoots and 2 tons of Turman for this season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
25 bags each of:
Hamers
Okanagan Douglas Fir
Okanagan Platinum
Blazers

Few Barefoots left and a few garbage Easy Heats

One ton Cubex Extra

Should have leftovers in spring

Going to restart the stove tonight and feed it some Stove Chows. Still have a bunch of Energex I bought last year that I need to get to.
Energex makes and distributes Stove Chows..
lot of people who have burned both think they are the same pellets..
either way, u will see little difference..

Energex makes and distributes Stove Chows..
lot of people who have burned both think they are the same pellets..
either way, u will see little difference..

Exactly...in fact I believe that I found that out from one of your older posts, so thank you! ;)

I really like both of them, especially when Depot drops the price on the Chows below $200, like they did towards the end of last season.

So far this year have burned
:Maine Woods Pellets = great heat average ash average fines $229 a ton from TSC re-bagged TSC Leominster
:Blackstone Ultra Premium= great heat average ash average fines $ 269 ton Powell Sand and Gravel Lunenburg MA
:Green Supreme good heat a little heavy on the ash $260 ton Lowes Leominster MA
:Geneva Hardwood great heat average ash $300 ton Powell Sand and Gravel Lunenburg MA
:Believed Green Supreme as its re-bagged for TSC (Dummy UPC) Good heat average ash $229 ton TSC Leominster

Status
Not open for further replies.