What Pellets To Buy For P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaoust

Nov 28, 2012
Western, MA
On Woodpellets.com, my options for deliver (I'm in western MA) are:

I have a Harman P68 -

What pellet would you all recommend?

woodpellets.jpg

Thanks
Brian

Lg. clean and hot

I'd reccommend waiting for a week or two and see what the local dealers have and are charging...........;)

For local all I have is Tractor Supply and Home Depot.

For local all I have is Tractor Supply and Home Depot.
Your Harman will burn anything you put into it. TSC sells some good stuff at a much more reasonable price. I bought some MWP at TSC for $192 this past season.

Your pricing is lower than what WoodPellets quotes me and I live in SE MA.

I am in Pittsfield. There is a lumber company that has Heartlands, but they were pricy - over $300 a ton.

I am in Pittsfield. There is a lumber company that has Heartlands, but they were pricy - over $300 a ton.
Pittsfield is interesting......fairly large city, yet it seems to not be covered by alot of service organizations.....too bad, really.......kinda like Fall River

Pittsfield is interesting......fairly large city, yet it seems to not be covered by alot of service organizations.....too bad, really.......kinda like Fall River

This past fall we went to the "Birkshires" and stayed in Pittsfield. We had a really good time; good restaurants, hotels and things to do. The downtown was very nice; didn't see many empty storefronts. I know maybe during the 70's, like a lot of cities, they had problems, but they have definitely turned the corner. From what I saw, people kept their yards and businesses up and looking good. We plan on going back there this summer.

I think GE had a big huge plant there and employed many people. I'm pretty sure it closed quite a few years ago. When that happened I'm sure it created many financial problems, for the people and the city.

Tom C.

Tom:

When GE was here, Pittsfield was the place to be. Since it left, Pittsfield as gone downhill. However there are still a lot of nice parts of Pittsfield. And ofcourse the Berkshires is a popular tourist spot Tanglewood, Jacob's Pillow, Chesterwood, Norman Rockwell, Williamstown Theater festival, etc etc.

Now if only if a good pellet dealer comes to the area ;)

looks like woodpellets.com....gosh with that much of an ash bin...go for the cleanfire hardwoods

But the softies aren't much more and throw off a lot more heat.

I heard softwood burns quicker, but the guy at woodpellets said that is not true. In fact, since Softwood burns hotter - the stove won't work as hard to obtain desired heat level.

I have the LG's and CF Pacific. They both have low fines, burn very clean with low ash and high heat;)

Status
Not open for further replies.