What should I get? That is in stock.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Put me down in the "Really like my ash pan" column.
Hey there. I found your posts on the Lopi Flex 95. I am currently trying to upgrade mine. Ive read the manual multiple times and haven't found enough info. Maybe you could help.
What are the tricks to removing the cat combustor? Does the temperature probe need to be removed? Hoping to catch some pointers before I start prying and whacking on it.
Also are all the holes on the reburn tube
Supposed to be the same size? Some are bigger on mine.
I am a new user here, and couldn't figure out how to message you

If you have a sealed ash drawer and a nice big grate, then its likely you will use it...but for the stoves that don't have a sealed pan area, they have a sealed plug that has to be dug out of the ashes, then ashes chased into the little hole (fiddly operation) then the hole cleaned up enough to get the plug back in and sealed. Real PITA! Much easier to just carefully shovel them out and be done with it! I used my ash plug and pan exactly once.
Oh, and if their were some live coals in the ashes you just put in the pan, since its not sealed, there could be a CO2 risk...not idea how they get away with this design!
LOL That's exactly what I figured and why I did this before I even installed it. My basement wood stove is set up with a full grate and slots that allow the ash to stay in place while still hot. Then the backless drawer/shovel is easy peasy dump in the can.

In red....totally agree.

20220107_155123.jpg

I like my pan. I keep a good layer in the stove too. I just push the ash away from the doghouse to clear a path for the air inlets. Push it away from the front of the stove and stir a bit down the grate each load.

I can open ashpan door, pull the tray and have it closed again in 3 seconds. Repeat process is the same. This means I really don’t have to let the stove get too cool before emptying ash.

I will say a makes a real mess to over fill the ashpan The mound on the top gets scraped off and ends up on the bottom of the housing and then get shoved to the back when you put the pan in. Do it more than once and you might not get the door closed all the way causing a leak and or overfire. At the end of the not a feature I would use in making a purchasing decision.
In RED.....The hot set up is to not have the back side on the ash drawer so its like a shovel. Then you don't pack in the overload just socop it the next time in.

Hey there. I found your posts on the Lopi Flex 95. I am currently trying to upgrade mine. Ive read the manual multiple times and haven't found enough info. Maybe you could help.
What are the tricks to removing the cat combustor? Does the temperature probe need to be removed? Hoping to catch some pointers before I start prying and whacking on it.
Also are all the holes on the reburn tube
Supposed to be the same size? Some are bigger on mine.
I am a new user here, and couldn't figure out how to message you

Uh . . . I have no idea. I own a Jotul F500. I have zero experiences with Lopis, cats (other than the furry kind -- I've got seven of those) and no idea on reburn tubes.

On the otherhand you can send a message to a member by bonking your cursor on their Hearth.com name/avatar and then hit the "start the conversation" button. Maybe this will help.

I'm in the NUMA club. Never use my ashpan. I found our F400 burned noticeably better with the ash pan full of ash. After that, I shoveled out the ash in it. I'm not a big fan of the PE ash trap design so I shovel out the ash there too. When burning doug fir this is about once every 6 weeks, so no big deal. When burning hardwood it's once every 3 weeks.

Jotul F500 dump the ash pan every 2-3 days. House much cleaner than when I used to shovel ash

Uh . . . I have no idea. I own a Jotul F500. I have zero experiences with Lopis, cats (other than the furry kind -- I've got seven of those) and no idea on reburn tubes.

On the otherhand you can send a message to a member by bonking your cursor on their Hearth.com name/avatar and then hit the "start the conversation" button. Maybe this will help.
Ha, sorry. Forgive me I'm new.

Ha, sorry. Forgive me I'm new.
Stack a quarter cord of wood. Dump your ashes in a covered metal pail and say six "I will always inspect and clean my chimney on a regular basis" prayers and you will be forgiven. ;) :)

Reactions: Butternut Squatch