What should i put on deck next?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boosted3g

Feeling the Heat
Aug 3, 2012
Central PA
I have been burning Green Teams for a few weeks now and the weather is now getting into the 20s at night and was thinking about the order i want to run my stash. I have 5 tons of Turman that remain untouched, some stove chow and have just found a source for Somersets for 4.00 a bag. I plan on getting a few more tons of Somersets since i can get an even better deal if i get them in bulk but i guess the question is which is a hotter pellet to rely on when the weather is in the single digits and teens? The Turman or the Somersets? My wife likes the house at a constant 75 degrees and you know how important it is to keep the wife happy.

Heres the evidence. I liked the pine chest in one of the posts from a week or so ago that i got my own cedar pellet chest.

306A00AD-F95C-4936-ABB6-736A5AFDE765-6010-00000EFFDB7B43E5.jpg

1C120F5C-0ED1-48C5-B509-9DB20EDF9AD6-6010-00000EFFFCA50D5F.jpg

I don't have any input on what to put "on deck" since I haven't burned any of those but I just have to say...wow - nice stash

Reactions: The Ds
I burned somersets last year, they are nice and hot. I have some trumans in my basement. i'll burn those tomorrow night and let you know what I think. Also interested to hear other opinons on this one ;)

Not sure what to put on deck either but would like to know why those golf clubs are not in your trunk. Golf season is not over yet!!!

Love the stash and I also am looking to make or buy a chest to store pellets after seeing that post last week. Such a awesome idea.

I did burn a few bags of Turman at the beginning of the season and they beat the pants off the Green Teams in burning now. I got them at lowes cheap but in the dozen bags i used i have nearly half a 5 gallon bucket of fines. I dont know if they beat them up or throw them around but its bad. It seems like Somerset has a huge following so i am definantly going to get more but im just curious how they stack up to Turman. If they are on par with them ill be looking good for winter. Work has been good the last few weeks so im stocking up for those lean times.

I did burn a few bags of Turman at the beginning of the season and they beat the pants off the Green Teams in burning now. I got them at lowes cheap but in the dozen bags i used i have nearly half a 5 gallon bucket of fines. I dont know if they beat them up or throw them around but its bad. It seems like Somerset has a huge following so i am definantly going to get more but im just curious how they stack up to Turman. If they are on par with them ill be looking good for winter. Work has been good the last few weeks so im stocking up for those lean times.

Nice stash and beautiful chest! Where are you getting Somersets from ?

The lowes just outside Lebanon on rt 72. They said they have 6 ton left. I saw a few people loading up on cheat river and overlooking them so i hope some are there on wednesday when i go with a truck. I could only fit a dozen in the honda.

I would save both the Somersets and Turmans for the COLD weather. Burn the shoulder pellets on 30° nights.

That p-61 should Crank with some Chow for these nights (Or GT's).

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Just ordered another 2 tons of Somersets.. paid 225 and 235 ...3 so far for this season and had a ton left over from last year.. going to get another ton... oink ..oink..

Status
Not open for further replies.