What size generator for stove blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That generator shows up all over with a few different ratings. 800w is pretty honest. ;)

I was going to mention that last night. A while back I saw somewhere that people that checked them found them to be the same with the same output. I incrementally loaded up one of mine with a Kill-A-Watt in the outlet and it starts losing its guts right at 900 watts.

I would second the small 2000 watt inverter generator. I have a 2000 watt Honeywell but Honda, yamha, generac , and others all make good ones. I uses mine a lot for work, but also at home. It will power my insert blower, very large fridge, my tankless hot water, and most of the lights(all cfls) My fridge is new, if you have an older one 2000 watts likely won't power it. These will cost more, but will last, don't use much gas, and are very easy on the ears and neighbors.

They really aren't that bad. Noisier than the Honda, but then, what isn't? What's a little annoying about the Honda is that it doesn't have a separate fuel shut off-the ignition and fuel switches are combined into one.

I don't find the combined shutoff a problem. It is extremely easy to empty the carb out. I'm thinking about converting my two EU2000i's to tri-fuel so I can run off propane.

Status
Not open for further replies.