What stove do you recommend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yellow pages would be where I'd start. Looks like the Engine house sells Napoleon stoves and Husqvarnas. Great combo. :)

There is also:
Erb's Stove Center
(330) 893-3903
4100 State Route 39, Millersburg, OH 44654

Doug's Chimney Sweep & Stove
(330) 878-7152
7144 Race Rd NW, Strasburg, OH 44680

And Lehmans is up north of you:
http://www.lehmans.com/store/Stoves___Heat_Stoves?Args=

I thought about them, but was concerned it would be too much heat for this small place and a lot more expense.

The burn time on those fireplaces seem so short considering the firebox size.

I have called around and found a few places and a couple you mentioned, but I wanted some first hand experiences with these places. I thought maybe someone would know of a place with a good selection! Mike

I agree with the rest...I would go for the freestanding. More heat with easier maintenance... You can build a hearth and rock backing wall or even a nook if you like. Lots of good stoves out there to look at...wish you all the best with the new home and stove you chose.

You came to the right place for advice...

I am looking at lehmans website are the hearthstone a quality stove? They sure do look nice.....

I am looking at lehmans website are the hearthstone a quality stove? They sure do look nice.....

I dont own one but the people on here seem to really love them...I am sure someone will be along to tell you more. How close are you to Kidron...would love to see the Lehmans store...

Welcome to the forum. I'd build around a free stander as well. There used to be a great picture on the hearth.com home page of an ivory enamel jotul on a stone hearth with a round stone wall behind it. If someone could find that image and post it for him that might help him see a stand alone with the feel and aesthetic of aesthetics fireplace.

I dont own one but the people on here seem to really love them...I am sure someone will be along to tell you more. How close are you to Kidron...would love to see the Lehmans store...

I am about 40 minutes from lehmans, I've been there a few times but not for several years.

I am about 40 minutes from lehmans, I've been there a few times but not for several years.
Check out the wood stove picture section on this web site.Lot of pretty set ups.

I removed the fireplace, reused most of the stone on the wall. Put original arch in behind the stove.
photo (1).JPG

Reactions: Defiant and pen
You might get some ideas from hearth.com's picture gallery if you haven't seen it yet. https://www.hearth.com/gall/main.php

Here's the one that dafatkidd was referencing I think
WoodstoveT_giving2008-007.jpg

pen

Yes, that's a very handsome hearth. Well done Lance.

Woodstock had 2 Keystone refurbs a couple of weeks ago for $1600 each, I bought one myself. As I understand it, they can put you on the waiting list for a refurb, if you're interested. When I get home from work Tuesday, with my new Keystone, I'll take some pics of my hearth. You might like it, it has a FP look to it.

Stole one from wife's FB page
423731_367724493237884_1727997146_n.jpg

Stole one from wife's FB page

That's kinda what I was envisioning today when I was looking at my wall. I think I would still like to go with the dry stack look, but I like that style right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.