What to do with my SuperStor Ultra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lml999

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2013
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
We're selling our current house to a builder, who will knock it down...

Our new (to us) house was built in '94, hydronic baseboard heat by natural gas. 4 zones in the house, plus a separate gas fired hot water heater.

We have a relatively new SuperStor in our current house that we can remove and take with us...

I have a couple of options:
  • Install the SuperStor in line with the existing water heater, and preheat the DHW with a couple of solar panels? There's a nearby porch roof that faces in the right direction...
  • Put another zone on the NG boiler, remove the existing NG water heater and use the SuperStor as an indirect HW heater. (I've heard that this may be more efficient than the direct fire...but am not sure...)
Would appreciate some input!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.