What would be your choice of "lightweight" rear handle saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
$400 for a pro climbing saw...
Let me know what you can get for those prices please.
Or are you talking used? Which is still cheap for a MS 200 or 201
Echo classes it’s X-series as pro-series, the gents that climb & I have heard speak of them say they are great little
saw & yes they can be had for $400 or less if you get the 15% off during dealer days.

I don’t climb but have a 2511t & love it. The saw has been reliable & rugged enough to bounce around in the pickup, tractor & Gator.

Take up the argument with Stihl, who clearly define the saw as a professional climbing saw. I'm not spreading misinformation, you are hung up on nomenclature that I did not decide. Fight Stihl, not me.
I have always said it was a pro saw,with a removable cylinder
You were saying it was a clamshell saw,in other words a homeowner saw
The Stihl MS151 TC-E (and my 150 version) are pro saws, even though they are clamshell saws. All top handle saws are pro saws according to the saw manufacturers. The Echo CS2511 is a favorite among those that port saws and use them for a living.
Here you are saying the MS150 is a clamshell saw
i just showed the ipl that it isn't
A clamshell saw is a homeowner designed saw because it is cheap to build
The MS 150 is a saw designed for profesioal use because the cylinder can be removed without taking the saw apart

I have always said it was a pro saw,with a removable cylinder
You were saying it was a clamshell saw,in other words a homeowner saw

Here you are saying the MS150 is a clamshell saw
i just showed the ipl that it isn't
A clamshell saw is a homeowner designed saw because it is cheap to build
The MS 150 is a saw designed for profesioal use because the cylinder can be removed without taking the saw apart

I don't care what the saw is called. It cuts what I need it to cut. My apologies for mistakenly saying the saw is a clamshell saw. Someone in another forum said the MS150 C is a clamshell saw, I don't really care either way.

Reactions: JimBear
Take up the argument with Stihl, who clearly define the saw as a professional climbing saw. I'm not spreading misinformation, you are hung up on nomenclature that I did not decide. Fight Stihl, not me.
There’s really only a few top handle saws that actually qualify, not just labeled. The biggest thing about a top handle saw for tree work is the constant slapping against the side of a tree as your climbing. Doesn’t take very long to distinguish a good from bad and word spreads quickly. I’ve heard good things about the husky electric tree service saw but don’t do enough anymore to warrant.