What would you pay for a three to four year old Harman P43 in 100% working condition?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ocelot

Dec 27, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I've been looking at a couple used Harmans and not sure what a good price is. I already missed out on a steal of a deal for an XXV in perfect condition for $600, missed it on marketplace by less than an hour before it was snapped up.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at a P43 that was installed new 3 years ago nothing known wrong with it and others come up for sale fairly regularly, but I'm not sure how much is a good deal versus too much. The P43 new can be found brand new for around $3200 -$3300 from what I've seen. Is there an age where they sell used for around 50% of new as long as functional? Less than that?

Looking for some guidance on what to offer when I see them. I would overhaul any I get since the heating season is so far off.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Any photos of it you can post will help...they pop up regularly over the summer, last year I picked up a near perfect P61 for $200 because it wasn’t hooked up properly or maintained.

Reactions: Don2222

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
I've been looking at a couple used Harmans and not sure what a good price is. I already missed out on a steal of a deal for an XXV in perfect condition for $600, missed it on marketplace by less than an hour before it was snapped up.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at a P43 that was installed new 3 years ago nothing known wrong with it and others come up for sale fairly regularly, but I'm not sure how much is a good deal versus too much. The P43 new can be found brand new for around $3200 -$3300 from what I've seen. Is there an age where they sell used for around 50% of new as long as functional? Less than that?

Looking for some guidance on what to offer when I see them. I would overhaul any I get since the heating season is so far off.
50% of the new price would be reasonable but there are occasionally bargains out there.

Reactions: ABusWrench