Whats for dinner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
First day all season I could run the stove all day.
WINDY and cold with a high of 31.
Planned on doing this and Mother Nature cooperated.

Venison Stew on the stove.
Recipe Venison and Bacon from Jim Zumbos cookbook. A few add ins on my part and it was AWESOME!!!!!! served over brown rice.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2007 Venison Stew.jpg
    2007 Venison Stew.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 431
See everybody. What he says is true. Morsos are a good thing. Heat ya house and cook ya food. It does not get any better than that.

Ok. I sucked up to Morsos. Can I have some stew now?

Just don't eat that wire hanging out of the pot. What is that?

just took the ribeyes and potatoes off the big green egg, munching as i type, venison stew looks quite yummy ;) is there a USB food download adapter? if so i'll swap ya one of my special ribeyes for a bowl of that deer stew

Hogwildz said:

Probe for temp, I wanted to keep it under 212 so it simmered nicely. Screen (for the kids) holds the magnet nicely :)
Had the cover on to keep the GOODNESS inside.

Bart, you better fill up the truck UPS would kill me to get it there hot!

;)

Babs,

When is your cookbook coming out? Or maybe a show right after Ted Nugents... Slow cooking with Babs, Morso and LeCruset you will be pulling in the money!

We are - 10F up here this morning

Wack em and stack em!

Its actually a Le Cruset knock off, works just as well though.

After Barts show and before Teds!

No dinner here after 6:30 either Elk GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!! http://podcast.wbcn.com/wbcn/98082.mp3

Lost 5-6 degrees in the house last night, not bad with a low of 10 and all that wind hitting the house

stoveguy2esw said:
j is there a USB food download adapter?

I think that's what's in the pot - looks like its uploading as we speak..... can't wait to get a sample..

Hogwildz said:

That was my question. Although, friends got hubby a remote BBQ thermometer for Christmas. Put the probe in the meat and it has a remote temp reader you can keep in the house or carry anywhere. Who would have thought it? They got it at Bass Pro.

Big bowl o' Chile and some ice cold Killians. Go Saints and Pats!

CountryGal said:
Hogwildz said:

That was my question. Although, friends got hubby a remote BBQ thermometer for Christmas. Put the probe in the meat and it has a remote temp reader you can keep in the house or carry anywhere. Who would have thought it? They got it at Bass Pro.

Now if somebody would just make one of those for wood stoves so when I am working in the office downstairs I could know when to reload the stove on the main floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.