Whats up with the cold? Firing it up in Virginia tonight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost a foot of wet snow has fallen this week, snowing as I write this, 40 F. daytime and 24 F. nights. This is one of our periodic wet, cold springs.

And yes, we build small fires in the stove now and then during the day.

My wood cutting has been delayed. Last year, I had it all done by May 1; this year, I have only just started. Too slippery and icy up in the woods on the steep hillsides. Looks as if I'll be out cutting in the heat of the summer this time.

wahoowad said:
66 in the living room, that's when we fire it up! Who's with me?

Where's the 90 degree weather we were having?

All this cold is due to global warming. Just keep saying it over and over, eventually you'll start to believe it.

Michael Mann.

Had a fire every night this week except last night. I knew this was bound to happen. Thanks to hanging around this site all winter. I expect to light up in June if needed. Next year I'll have more wood too!

74 degrees at eleven o'clock at night. Spring just showed up.

Stove burning Wednesday night. A/C Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.