What's with all the new pop-up ads?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Why do we need all these adds suddenly? They are aggravating.

Did you have an ad blocker that you turned off chasing the dllexe problem Dennis?

pop-ups.jpg

They are also at the bottom of the page. Maybe they have been there but seems new to me.

Still on BB.

OK. I just fired up Firefox, I usually use Chrome, and without a blocker it happens on FF. I then turned on AdBlock and it went away with AdBlock "Enabled on this site". Then came back when I set AdBlock to "Disabled" on this site.

Click on the AdBlock red APB icon top right on your browser and see it is enabled on this site.

It appears the banner ad for the get together in DC may be causing the ones in the middle of a page with FF and AdBlockerPlus disabled on the site.

Oh, BW, those - I think - were ALWAYS there. The bottom of the page, between stickies and list, etc......

The ones you don't see are these - only guests see these - see the only after the first post in a thread in the pic below. You don't see those....

The others have been there for years. They pay the bills...you can probably install an ad blocker and do away with most. Realistically, long time members probably don't click on ads very much - but guests who come and go do.....in fact, while I was writing this I probably made $1

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 8.34.35 PM.png

Bingo, they are gone.

No, they were not there before on my browser (Firefox) and they aren't there now, so thank you. Not sure if you or I fixed it but all is okay with the exception of that one file that is raising cane with me but that problem is on another thread. I finally got a file deleted (after much trial) but now can't seem to get it deleted out of the recycle bin. Crazy things. It has been too long since I studied some of this crap but anyway, programming was my cup of tea rather than this stuff. Thinking about returning to college to do some refreshing and more learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.