What's your opinion on this setup?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some scary stuff... that belongs in the hall of shame. The foil tape adds a nice touch. I especially like the pipe reducer made from foil tape.

You know, you can do a corner set up with the window there.

I was wondering about that, Hog. Seems like they could still do a corner setup, then what, pipe going straight up from the stove and then turning into the wall? After getting the wall up to code/rebuilding the hearth/getting rid of the mantle of course....

pulldownclaw said:
I was wondering about that, Hog. Seems like they could still do a corner setup, then what, pipe going straight up from the stove and then turning into the wall? After getting the wall up to code/rebuilding the hearth/getting rid of the mantle of course....
I hope web or someone else chimes in. But, I have read about corner installs. Yes to everything you said above. Looks like out the stove,up, then elbow towards the wall with whatever length of straight ya need, another elbow to a proper thimble with sepc'd clearance into existing chimney. If they got a newer stove with side & rear shields, I am sure clearances would be less. Get rid of the curtains for some mini blinds or something, either way they should be fastened back good when stove is in use. Its doable, web would prolly have better insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.