When you can laff at your own misery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not a BWS Bootcamp approved method, but I've had good luck with it and it never topples. I am a few years ahead though and live on a windy open ridge with good southern exposure. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is cutting now for this fall or doesn't have a place in the open for it. I also try and make sure that my next years burn is stacked under a roof a year before I want to burn it.

I found that one out the hard way as well.

I have a dog run that is from the wood line to my house, about 150ft. Cable was getting ruined from the tree moving so much, I ended up cutting the top off it.

Sunday I had a not so good Drs appoint so I got more practice stacking I am sure it will fall again but it was my only access passage for the tractor so it had to be done .Have had nice 20 mph winds since so hope a little drying happened. I needed to run the saw for the fustration and lots of walking to clear the little mind I have left,I will not have to fell another tree for this years wood but the messes wont be as much fun.

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
Sunday I had a not so good Drs appoint so I got more practice stacking I am sure it will fall again but it was my only access passage for the tractor so it had to be done .Have had nice 20 mph winds since so hope a little drying happened. I needed to run the saw for the fustration and lots of walking to clear the little mind I have left,I will not have to fell another tree for this years wood but the messes wont be as much fun.

Stacking is like a puzzle, you just have to find the right piece. If your your split will not fit turn it upside down or grab another and get some music going.

Zap

Hope everything will get better.

zapny said:

Stacking is like a puzzle, you just have to find the right piece. If your your split will not fit turn it upside down or grab another and get some music going.

Zap

Yes its a puzzle but that guy that cuts and splits makes all the wrong pieces lol

zapny said:

Zap

Yes its a puzzle but that guy that cuts and splits makes all the wrong pieces lol

I hear you on that, everytime I think I'm splitting better it's time for stacking then I realize that I need lessons from the master (SAV or Mrs. Sav) on splitting. ;-)

GIBIR

zapny said:
zapny said:

Zap

I hear you on that, everytime I think I'm splitting better it's time for stacking then I realize that I need lessons from the master (SAV or Mrs. Sav) on splitting. ;-)

I always think splitting with hydraulics you can make nicer pieces or maybe its being lazy on my part ,or maybe the need to get further along so I dont put the love into it

GIBIR

Status
Not open for further replies.