Where can I buy fusible links?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Charmasterfan

Dec 7, 2017
Ashland VA
The plenum to my indoor wood burning furnace has a 286 degree fusible link. Over the years mostly when there is a power failure during the night the fuses have done their job and opened the plenum. I have been able to take a torch to them and remelt the solder to fuse them back together. The solder is wearing thin and re soldering is becoming harder. I need some new ones but the 286 degree links can't be found. Amazon sells the common 185 degree ones but my furnace came with 286 degrees and I want to stay with that. The furnace manufacturer has long gone out of business as my furnace is 30 years old. (Still works GREAT). The type of link I have is made by Elsie but their minimum order is $25 and $11 shipping and they only sell direct. (no suppliers) These links should only cost around $3 each. I have scoured the internet and have not found anything. Does anyone know a supplier where I might find these or a substitute?

Local fire extinguisher outfit? My guys service the bottles as well as the cooktop hood. The hood has an ANSUL system in it with links.

I ordered some 280F links from these folks recently; took over a week for them to ship out, but otherwise fine:

Shipping was $20, but I don't think you're going to find any bargains on these links. I spent a lot of time searching for these things, and this is the best deal I came up with.

Here is another option:

Edit to add: I looked at buying from Elsie, too; I don't recall why I didn't. Seems it takes $50 to get some of these shipped no matter who you get them from.

Last edited:
Grainger, or Mcmaster Carr?

The plenum to my indoor wood burning furnace has a 286 degree fusible link. Over the years mostly when there is a power failure during the night the fuses have done their job and opened the plenum. I have been able to take a torch to them and remelt the solder to fuse them back together. The solder is wearing thin and re soldering is becoming harder. I need some new ones but the 286 degree links can't be found. Amazon sells the common 185 degree ones but my furnace came with 286 degrees and I want to stay with that. The furnace manufacturer has long gone out of business as my furnace is 30 years old. (Still works GREAT). The type of link I have is made by Elsie but their minimum order is $25 and $11 shipping and they only sell direct. (no suppliers) These links should only cost around $3 each. I have scoured the internet and have not found anything. Does anyone know a supplier where I might find these or a substitute?
Hey, Did you ever find some 286 fusible links? I have the same Furnace as you have. I was able to track down the company Charmasters.
They are in the same town but under a different name.
Jay

Assuming 286 is degrees F they have 280 and 285

I went to McMaster-Carr bought 4 for 27.00 including ship/tax .. I have the phone number for Charmaster ( The owner of the company) They still have inventory on some of the electrical, I also have the electrical schematics.