SonOfEru Posted By SonOfEru, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:18 AM

1. SonOfEru

SonOfEru
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Sanbornton NH
    I betray my southern heritage there with the y'all. It's the thing I miss most after moving to New Hampshire, saying y'all

Anyway, where do y'all shop for replacement catalytics? I see there are a variety of what I presume are after-market cats out there, are some good, some to be avoided? Is there such a thing as a true VC combustor? I dont think VC sells direct anymore.

Just look for best price?

Thanks
    SonOfEru

2. SonOfEru

SonOfEru
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Sanbornton NH
    That was pretty dumb of me, not to even tell you what my stove is. It's a Defiant Encore model 0028, bought somewhere around 1990 [I bought it used so I dont know exact date].

3. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. redyute

redyute
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 4, 2015
    Loc:
    southern maryland
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SonOfEru

SonOfEru
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Sanbornton NH
    I went ahead and got a Condar cat. I saw them mentioned elsewhere, and Condar seems to be a going outfit, not a fly-by-night.

BTW - what would y'all consider the max temp for a cat? I have one of those Auber AT100's. I have seen different values given here and there on websites. From 1400 to even up to 1600.

6. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Ask Condar, I've read 1500º.