Where does one find Somerset pellets in southern NH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I saw a few people talking about somerset pellets in a New England Wood Pellet topic and was wondering,
Where does one find Somerset pellets in southern NH?
I have only seen somersets once 2 years ago and have never seen them again around here.

Lowes in haverhill MA and epping NH. At least according to my somerset inquiry to the source earlier last week. Not sure if either location has them, but man I'm burning the last of four bags I tried and I'm already going to miss them. : (

Was at Lowe's in Haverhill on Monday and they only had Maine's Choice, so I purchased Green Team from Greenland, NH. Supposedly the Lowe's in Danvers was to have gotten them in, but I never bothered checking as they are charging $5.97.

countk said:
Was at Lowe's in Haverhill on Monday and they only had Maine's Choice, so I purchased Green Team from Greenland, NH. Supposedly the Lowe's in Danvers was to have gotten them in, but I never bothered checking as they are charging $5.97.

Lowes in haverhill was 4.89/bag somersets, but only at the exit near the self checkout (is there another exit even?). I was there over the weekend, Saturday I think. There was only about 1/2 ton left at the exit at most.

If I had known I would have liked them this much, they'd all be sitting here next to me now. ;)

countk said:

nope they have nation choice. still 5.97 which is crazy

mpcm said:
countk said:

Lowes in haverhill was 4.89/bag somersets, but only at the exit near the self checkout (is there another exit even?). I was there over the weekend, Saturday I think. There was only about 1/2 ton left at the exit at most.

If I had known I would have liked them this much, they'd all be sitting here next to me now. ;)

That's the reason I went to Haverhill, because on Sunday they told me they had the Somerset's, but come Monday they only had the Maine's Choice, otherwise I would have grabbed whatever Somerset's that were left. I'm just as glad to get the Green Team at Greenland, NH

Too bad you guys aren't near Northeastern Connecticut- We got Somersets all year.

countk said:

How do you determine if it is worth it to pickup pellets that far away?

I'm in sales and have a company car. Don't pay gas! A no brainer! I travel from Boston to Bangor, so if there's a good deal along my route that day, I load up the car.

I can fit 25 bags in my Ford Taurus!

countk said:
I'm in sales and have a company car. Don't pay gas! A no brainer! I travel from Boston to Bangor, so if there's a good deal along my route that day, I load up the car.

I can fit 25 bags in my Ford Taurus!

Lucky Bugger! I have to plan well driving the borrowed F350 diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.