Deerfield Lopi Pellet Stove Self servicing..?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HLHomm1969

Apr 8, 2024
Wine country
Hi everyone!
I’m new to the forum, I own a Deerfield Lopi pellet stove. I live on the east end of Long Island, and took the plunging and got my first pellet stove. After having it and used for a little over a year. It seems to be one of my biggest regrets! A money pit just like a boat!
I am looking to see if there’s any videos out there that could help me with the annual maintenance and repairs. I have searched on YouTube and all they have is the basic weekly and monthly maintenance. The place that I purchased the stove from is 42 miles away and charges $495 to come out and do a service and then $195 per hour.
Already with one year and a month of use, I believe the igniter already is not working on the stove. And they were going to charge an additional $95 to come back out with the part where they couldn’t have it in stock on the truck for real? Besides after the nightmare of installation and the attitude of this company, personally, I would never want to use them again or recommend them. And after contacting the Lopi company directly, I’m sorry I bought their product.
I’ve seen many repairs and servicing done on other pellet stoves on YouTube, but Lopi Deerfield is definitely a very lacking with DIY information. I basically done the monthly cleaning on the stove every week to make sure everything would be working as optimum as possible.
Any further information would be a great help!
I’m sorry I sound so negative, but this whole experience has definitely put a sour taste in my mouth.

image.jpg