Where has all the cord wood gone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slow burn

Sep 2, 2016
New Hampshire
F6A00E11-BFC4-404C-BA21-C0DE3441FD82_zps3tjpt1ai.jpg 51E6D8C8-3B55-4A82-8E97-099F27F763F4_zpsy3igsyky.jpg
All that wood filled that ash bucket (which is empty right now) about 12 times. It's been a long winter, I love burning wood but I'm ready for a break from feeding the beast!

That's a pretty cool before and after. Convenient to feed her once you get all that wood down there. Do anything for bugs or no issue?

I'm not sure how to do the quote thing but...
I haven't had any bug issues. A few ladybugs and spiders.

As far as insulation, the plan is to move the heater up to the main floor. Just need to come up with the bucks for the liner and new stove

Reactions: pernox
My favorite post of the season.

I'm not sure how to do the quote thing but...
I haven't had any bug issues. A few ladybugs and spiders.

As far as insulation, the plan is to move the heater up to the main floor. Just need to come up with the bucks for the liner and new stove

Just click reply on the post in which you wanna quote. Chalk that up as the first time I've ever been able to help anyone with technology lol.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
We're seeing the last row in the shed for the first time in 4 yrs.. Had a fire again last night. Thank goodness this is super dry wood that starts very easily.

i went from this:

20161019_172456.jpg

to only having the stack in front. I just moved some stuff over for next year, trying to clear more space :)

Attachments

• 20151009_180521.jpg
    20151009_180521.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Lone_Gun
This was another disappointing year for us if you love burning wood. Burned 2 1/2 cords. I collected about 4 cords during the winter so I'm way ahead with 11 cords with 7 cords 3 and 4 years seasoned. We need a sub zero month next year.

I don't know if I would say I was "disappointed" . . . I've been burning since September or so and still have a fire going every day. I would say on the whole I'm burning about the same amount of wood as I have in the past. Personally, I think ending up with a fair amount of wood at the end of the burning season is a good thing as one would have a jump on next year's wood supply and it will be even more seasoned.

i just moved over another 1.6 cord for next year, and it got a little chilly, so I decided to have a fire :) It won't take me long to refill those 5 pieces i pulled out of the wheelbarrow!

still make a small fire in the morning to take the chill off(still dropping to mid 30's evenings) so if i don't the gas furnace kicks on and i hate that vacuum effect on my pocket book.