Where is US Stove Forester Made?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Friend found a box store with a cheap Forester and wants to know where made. Still some buzz about the window stoves with faulty parts. I told him there was a couple Lancasters for sale on CL for about the same $$. I would feel better buying one of them than a new Chinese import.

Do a search on here for them.....l. :(

Olddawgsrule has one.... had quite a few issues with over temp ?

Might want to look at those Lancasters

Well I tried steer him towards the Lancasters,one was 600 and three years old, the other uknown age but has gold trim package for 900. I said there probably a reason for discontinuation of the Forester. Another local farm store chain is having a clearance of several of the US stove products and winter has just begun? I tried a search before starting thread but could not find a Country of Origin in my search.

U.S. Stove prints where the thing was made in their manuals. go to their website and take a look at the manual.

Went back and viewed the manual again off thier site. NO country of origin listed unless its in micro print. AES imported some S@$% from china and according to a past dealer were now using them for parts. The baby magnum looks from afar anyway, like the forester!?

The makers plate say "Manufactered for US Stoves" so 10 to 1 its a chinese puzzle box. Nothing in the manual. I had to go to town for other things and had to look. We got a reply on the one Lancaster for 900 and it's 5 years old but used for 2 and with gold door. A little more cold weather and buddy will probably take the leap for something.

That's sad. Maybe thats why Fleet farm here is clearancing them out. Tired of bad feed back. The internet is allowing the consumer to check on problems of products before they get them home and have to fight to get issues resolved. Should not have to take your stove apart because someone forgot to seal the feed tube. Wonder how many others now have the same problem because someone forgot to do thier job one day. I had to travel around and fix alot of countrysides because someone forgot to to tighten set screws on gear shafts but at least the owners got dealer support that time.

I checked the Forester out at TSC a couple yrs ago and the heat exchanger looked cheesey , like it was no thicker than the sheet metal of the stove itself. Cost was only about 1200 bucks but it didn`t look to me like it was of good quality.
It has a nice European styled look to it though.
It`s a classical box store stove but definitely not up to the standards of the (made in USA) Englanders PDV or PDVC. Could the fact that it was made in China send up a red flag? (no need to answer that)

Status
Not open for further replies.