Where to buy Pellet Stove Auger Motors (I.E. GearMotor) without spending a fortune for OEM??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd be interested to know how long people have had their quadrafire feed motors last. (812-4421)
i'm wondering if i'm overreacting by replacing mine just because it's starting to get a little noisy.
the auger isn't running backwards, so i don't want to spend even more for just the jumper wire/capacitor that i'll get with a new motor anyway.

i know that in a one off situation, my motor could indeed be dying.
it's just that three seasons for a part that costs a minimum of pennies within reach of $170, could really eat into the savings i want from burning pellets.
i got excited when i found one for $128. but no free shipping so it comes up to just about the same as other vendors on ebay.

well, i'm biting the bullet anyway. i'll probably put the new one in and keep the older one as the spare.
and yes, this motor could well run for many more years as is.
and it might quiet down if i clean it. but i still want a spare. and at some point i will have to cough up the dough.

what pisses me off most is the sneaking feeling i'm being ripped off by a company just trading on their brand name and the fact they have an exclusively fitting part.

wish i could get a non OEM for my mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.