Where to find corrugated plastic roofing material?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Looking to see if anyone knows where to find the clear/plastic roofing material. Looking to build a small wood shed, and I am thinking I would need enough for 10X12 area. Been looking online and at home hardware stores, and can't seem to find anyone that carries retail?
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

You might not see it online as it can't be easily shipped and a lot of stores seem to display only the 'shippable' and big ticket items online. But I agree with ilikewood - Depot and Lowes both have this in their construction materials section - at least around here.

Lowes near me has corrugated galvanized and some sort f corrugated plastic in the back corner past roofing shingles. HD has nothing. Local HD is kinda small compared to others.
All the farms here are succumbing to housing pressures and so are all the farm supply store going out of business.
Greenhouse supply would have clear or be able to order it.
Price of fuel and economy is playing havoc with greenhouse 'farms' around here, too.
Teksupply should have clear corrugated, but locally should be a more economical source , especially for the required fittings.
I tried fiberglass corrugated on a porch roof years ago and the constant cleaning of mold got lame so it came down. 20 years of lame, so I can't complain. Just wouldn't do fiberglass again.

I got a bunch of it from the Home Depot in Enfield, Conn. this summer. Cheap, plentiful, lots of variety in colors, thicknesses, etc. Plus they have the pre-cut "undulating" blocks to support it evenly.

Hubby just got done building a firewood rack/shed and we contemplated using the clear but was worried it might break etc. anyhow we found it at Menard's Home Stores.

Thanks for all the replys...no Menards around here, but there is a Grossmans on my way to work...hmmmm...love that place....good stuff and cheap. (Well, ok stuff and cheap)
Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.