WHERES THE BEST DEAL ON A NEW STORAGE TANK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tug hill rook

Mar 14, 2008
northern ny
I will be installing the EKO 60. What is the least I can expect to pay for a new ,made for, store bought 1,000 gal. storage tank? (and where) My questions are always easy! Thanks, THR

It depends on where you want to put it. Probably the cheapest is a used propane tank, but they are hard to get in a basement. They are easy to hook up as they don't require any heat ex. I've been investigating several posibitys and have located some alluminum tanks but the cost of shipping gets in the way. Tarm has there system and it seems to work but is pricey. maybe some one will be able to help.
leaddog

leaddog - If you use a propane tank are you using them as closed system and you will need a large pressure tank, right? Are you plumbing the propane tanks in line or on some sort of bypass.

muleman51 said:
leaddog - If you use a propane tank are you using them as closed system and you will need a large pressure tank, right? Are you plumbing the propane tanks in line or on some sort of bypass.

Yes I would use them as a closed system and you will need a expantion tank but that is easy to do using a water heater or like type tank. There is a thread on here someplace on how to do that. There is also several different ways to plumb depending on your situation. there are lots of threads also on that.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.