Which Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id stay with the 193.But then again, of all my saws my favorite is my stupid lime green Poulan 2055 14". It always starts and gets neglected like a redheaded stepchild regardless. Just used it to cut up a 2ft diameter black locust trunk I scrounged off Craigslist. I got laughed at when I toted it out of the truck. The guy was astonished it was even possible. As well as able to start on the first pull.

I've never run a 201 or a 193, but I have owned a couple of 192T's and a few 200T's, plus rear-handled versions of both saws. There's a big performance difference between a 192 and a 200. Whether stepping up is worth the cost depends on how much you expect to use it, and how easily money runs through your fingers.

MS 200T will blow all of them out of the water including the 201. The most wanted climbers saw by far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.