Which stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarmisle

Sep 28, 2022
Ohio
We may move , this year the buyers want the BK to stay if we do the deal
I'm looking for the next place at either one of these non cats, the largest each manufacturer carries Drolet, Osborn ,or Lopi, 8 to 10 hours burn is all I'll need at this time, any suggestions. THX

I'm looking for the next place at either one of these non cats, the largest each manufacturer carries Drolet, Osborn ,or Lopi, 8 to 10 hours burn is all I'll need at this time, any suggestions. THX
If you decide to do the install yourself, ask your dealer about any costs to service. Mine flat out will not come out without a fee, because I installed my stove myself with materials I sourced from northline express. Well, you might think that's not a big deal - you might be handy and can fix things yourself. But what if you are having serious issues and need your dealer to fight for you against the manufacturer? Is that going to happen, probably not - but it's worth mentioning to look at the service policy and how long the dealer has been around.

Osburn stoves and drolets are the same stoves, think of osburn as Cadillacs and drolets as Chevrolets. Same stove with more bells and whistles.

Reactions: EbS-P
Osburn stoves and drolets are the same stoves, think of osburn as Cadillacs and drolets as Chevrolets. Same stove with more bells and whistles.
Or; drolets are chevys, osburns are buicks, and enerzones are the cadillacs

Thanks, any take on the Lopi?
How large of an area would the stove be heating? Lopi makes excellent stoves but which one depends on the size needed.

I always buy the largest usually, probably 2000 sq feet max, we're house shopping now
House before stove. Clearances may matter depending on the house/location. Maybe you will want/need an insert?

I always buy the largest usually, probably 2000 sq feet max, we're house shopping now.
The big Lopi Libery is an excellent stove, but I would wait until you have the house. The Lopi Endeavor is also a very good stove and might be a better fit if it looks like the stove room is somewhat closed off from the rest of the house. It depends on the floorplan.