Which to choose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AccentraRRT

Burning Hunk
Mar 1, 2014
Massachusetts
went in to the local lumber store the other day to find out they sold pellets.. options are

Lignetics 275/ton , Cornith 250/ton, Blackstone 250/ton.. have read the reviews on lignetics from here but not much on the other two.. they said as I am only roughly a mile up the road, it would be free delivery too!
HD had FSUs 250/t with $79 delivery!?!
Only other viable option I saw was from the place I normally order from has Hammers 259/t with $65 delivery (surprisingly out of there typical good quality pellets)

Thoughts??

Lignetics have a good reputation. But with all pellets, the source material can change from year to year, so if you are really unsure, narrow down your selection and test some bags before buying big.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Thanks for your feedback.. I was thinking the lignetics since I've read some good reviews and free shipping takes the price down from the others (cost plus shipping) I learned the hard way with somersets last year.. good reputation.. was not a fan of them at all. (Still have 1/2 ton). at least I still have those if the temp drops from the current 80s haha

I've tried Blackstones and they were good - probably a bit better than FSU's. I tried Lig's a couple of years ago, and at that time was not overly impressed - not bad, just no better than lower priced FSU's - but things can change year by year (and stoves and installs configurations). I've never used Corinth

Reactions: AccentraRRT