Whisper mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dabug

Oct 21, 2018
Monroe County Pa
Whisper mode on Harman's. Only advantage its quieter when sitting near unit. I'm assuming in whisper the unit is wasting btu that are going out exhaust. Would this be correct?

That is the way I see it on my 1 year old Absolute stove. I leave mine off, it doesn't bother my TV listening that is right close. My fan is always shows 10%, doesn't matter and always the same speed. If I put it in manual and slide the scale it will speed up to whatever you set it at. But I always leave mine to auto and it will stay @ 10%. I would think when fire gets going that the fan speed would go up as it gets hotter and down when it gets up to the set temp? Still learning on this stove.