White Oak saga...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Continues...we have been cutting and splitting and stock piling
IMG_2455.jpg
at a minimum 2 cord a weekend...my 53 year butt was dragging the ground today after trying to to keep pace with 2 very health 22yr old men! lol I never made it past the couch when I got home today! :) This place has grown up in mutiflora rose and tears you apart. We used the winch to get some of it out and and then the log chain to drag it out into the open to process.This wood is from a 3 year old logging operation and the wood is premium. It has lost most of its bark which is nice!

Last edited:
Man, nice score. I'm still trying to find an easily accessible oak stash.
This aint easy but there is a lot there...I will be working on this for several weeks yet.

May have lost some of its bark, but that wood still has a lot of bite for heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
you got that right! Lost bark just means less mess..no rot to any of this as they were large tops and suspended up off of the ground.

Reactions: Dtcryan