Whitfield Advantage II-t feeding problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony52

Dec 27, 2010
Southern Az
I am trying to find out some info on a feeding problem my mother in law has with her Whitfield Advantage II-t stove. The stove is about 13 years old and has essentially been problem free with the exception of a control board replacement 2 years ago.Tis winter she has started to experience a problem with it in respect to the fact that it is all of sudden starting to dump a lot of pellets out all at once and is extingishing her fire. She is also saying that the settings for the auger speed are generally set at 2 and she has noticed that when this is happening it has also reset itself to a feed rate of 3. Not being familiar with this pellet stove model I don't want to assume that it is a failed control board off the bat. Any suggestions?

You might have better luck posting this question in the Pellet Stove forum section . . . mostly woodstove guys "hang" out here.

is the stove blinking #3 if so thats a fault. #3 would be proof of fire. Look in the hopper see if theres a hump with 3 screws if so then you have the photo eye. remove and clean with vac and lint free cloth. then remove the glass and clean. Don't loose the glass costs alot. put back together and test fire. if no hump look on combustion blower that switch is bad. Depends on year if its a switch or photo eye.

I would check to see if you are loosing power to the stove. when I loose power for a short period it will reset to 3 on the red and 3 on the green. Even if i put a hand full of pellets in the stove it will not go out. When was the last time the stove had a good cleaning. I have had the same stove for over 13 years and it is a work horse. What pellets are you burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.