Whitfield Draft Solution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuicksilverKites

Hearth Supporter
Feb 18, 2010
Denver, CO
I've been screwing around with an old Whitfield Quest for a couple of years, trying to improve the draft. (No matter what other adjustments I made, I couldn't get the stove to run steadily on anything but the lowest feed setting combined with the highest draft.) I've consulted the forum several times during this effort and found a number of good suggestions, but nobody mentioned the simple solution that finally worked for me: The door required adjustment. (There are three bolts on the hinge side, and two on the latch; loosening them and manipulating the door to achieve an even seal around the full perimeter solved my draft problem immediately.)

That was NOT me. (I only use my hairdryer as a blunt instrument when threatened with deadly force.)
The door-allignment fix works great: The stove is now fully adjustable, and our living room is warmer'n it's been in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.