Whitfield Gas Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

seawaif3

Sep 17, 2021
Washington
Hello Folks,

New to this forum and need a little education or maybe a lot. I purchased a home in May of this year in a rural community. The house came with a Whitfield gas stove, but the seller provided no information on the stove - other than " as is". I would like to use it during the winter months if possible as this area is subject to power outages. Would anyone on this forum be kind enough to provide information on this stove ? It is a Whitfield Vision, WG-1 1996 is the year of mfg. It has a huge brick hearth, thermostat and blower. My new neighbors tell me that previous owner of 2 years just did not use it - due to cost?? I intend on getting it inspected, but I would like to know more about the stove and if possible get a manual. Right now, the stove is only a dust collector and nik nak holder. Thanks in advance for your replies..

Hello Folks,

New to this forum and need a little education or maybe a lot. I purchased a home in May of this year in a rural community. The house came with a Whitfield gas stove, but the seller provided no information on the stove - other than " as is". I would like to use it during the winter months if possible as this area is subject to power outages. Would anyone on this forum be kind enough to provide information on this stove ? It is a Whitfield Vision, WG-1 1996 is the year of mfg. It has a huge brick hearth, thermostat and blower. My new neighbors tell me that previous owner of 2 years just did not use it - due to cost?? I intend on getting it inspected, but I would like to know more about the stove and if possible get a manual. Right now, the stove is only a dust collector and nik nak holder. Thanks in advance for your replies..
I don't know if this is your exact model: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1015251/Whitfield-Vision-30.html