Whitfield Profile 20 wont start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mb5200

Jan 28, 2018
central BC
No room air, no auger, no exhaust. The lights are lit on the control panel but nothing starts up? I checked all connections but nothing.

Please help!

Welcome mb5200
Did you have a lightning storm or a power problem lately? Sounds like your board mayhave been cooked. You can make a test lead with an old lamp cord and test all your motors to ensure they work or don’t. But its pretty rare to have all motors die at once.

Welcome mb5200
Did you have a lightning storm or a power problem lately? Sounds like your board mayhave been cooked. You can make a test lead with an old lamp cord and test all your motors to ensure they work or don’t. But its pretty rare to have all motors die at once.
Hello and thank you for your reply!

I just walked in from the shop and I now have heat again!
As it turns out when the guys installed the stove they put a jumper bypass wire on the back to omit the thermostat, well after many hours of poking around here and my stove I found that the marette had loosened off, put the right size on and shazam I have heat

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stovensen
Lmao cool glad it was a simple fix!