Who’s got a buck26 27 2800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rox3406

Burning Hunk
Nov 5, 2017
New Jersey
13974E71-4B87-4DCC-8C1E-4E31DF7B3154.jpeg FE95BD8D-B936-484A-BEF9-4B9555F00D0C.jpeg
I’ve got a buck2700 on a 6 inch liner. Anyone have some advice on running it? What do you guys do? Newbie looking for advice. So far I’m either smolder or cooked right out of the house
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
All the wood is at least 2 years old css. I inherited this from a grandfather who had it installed as a slammer for thirty years that I know of. He always ran the stove I was just his wood stacker as a kid. I put the liner in when I got it. And fresh gaskets. Just trying to get the hang of it. So far I figured out that it’s pretty sensitive to when I have to start killing the inlet air. To late and she runs real hot. To soon smolers down and I play see saw with the air. Slowly getting the hang of it

All the wood is at least 2 years old css. I inherited this from a grandfather who had it installed as a slammer for thirty years that I know of. He always ran the stove I was just his wood stacker as a kid. I put the liner in when I got it. And fresh gaskets. Just trying to get the hang of it. So far I figured out that it’s pretty sensitive to when I have to start killing the inlet air. To late and she runs real hot. To soon smolers down and I play see saw with the air. Slowly getting the hang of it
Strange. You're welcome to see mine in action in Bedminster NJ. Pm me if interested. Mines not sensitive at all. I stay away from oak. I find it takes 3 yrs to season.