Who is painting their pellet stove this summer to make it look good for the fall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm definitely painting the firebox next time.
not thrilled with the pam treatment.
though i will likely still use the pam in the exhaust duct after cleaning the combustion blower blades.

Hello

Ok guys, here are the final pics!

I painted the entire firebox and top heat exchanger baffles VHT Flame Proof 2,000 Deg F flat black.
Then painted the back of the fire brick flat black.

Then 1200 Deg F Stove Bright copper on the firebrick with the Surf Sand on the mortar!

Attachments

• IMG03093-20120809-1200.jpg
    IMG03093-20120809-1200.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG03094-20120809-1708.jpg
    IMG03094-20120809-1708.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 313
  • AvalonAstoria1BeforePainting.jpg
    AvalonAstoria1BeforePainting.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 321
  • AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting2.jpg
    AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 321
  • AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting1.jpg
    AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: zrtmatos
Hello

Ok guys, here are the final pics!

I painted the entire firebox and top heat exchanger baffles VHT Flame Proof 2,000 Deg F flat black.
Then painted the back of the fire brick flat back.

Then 1200 Deg F Stove Bright copper on the firebrick with the Surf Sand on the mortar!

looks great!

Nice Don......... About time you refurb'd your own stove! ;)

Nice Don......... About time you refurb'd your own stove! ;)

You are so right Dexter, it sure needed it!

We had some copper in the tiles under it and in back of it. So Imacman was a great help in showing us what he did. Nice to see how it looks before you do it! Thanks again Pete!

Also have a friend that is going to drop his stove off at my house to refurb! Good to have a little experience first!

If I get time, I still want to replace the brass auger bushing. I want to take it out measure it and buy a generic plastic and brass cheap. Then see which works better!

Reactions: DexterDay
But I do have to change the seals and tune up going to read your old post about tunning up I remember reading them last year

Ok, Joey
Here they are:

Cutting your own Lytherm gasket!
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...lytherm-gasket-from-sheet.86680/#post-1119199

Wood Pellet Stove Yearly Cleaning - Convection Blower
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60351/

Wood Pellet Stove Yearly Cleaning - Exhaust Blower
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60251/

Hello

Here is 2 more pics. The new colors go better with the new Decor, than the original Red Brick with White Mortar.

Click pics to enlarge:

Attachments

• AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting3sc.JPG
    AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting3sc.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 285
  • AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting4sc.JPG
    AvalonAstoria2AfterPainting4sc.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 292
  • AvalonAstoria1BeforePainting1.jpg
    AvalonAstoria1BeforePainting1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 266
....So Imacman was a great help in showing us what he did. Nice to see how it looks before you do it! Thanks again Pete!.....

No problem....looks great Don!! I thought I was looking at my old Astoria for a second. ;lol

Attachments

• Astoria 1.jpg
    Astoria 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 263
No problem....looks great Don!! I thought I was looking at my old Astoria for a second. ;lol

Yes, except for the door trim!

Anybody paint the exterior of a Harman? I would like to move my spare into the house for the shouldering but been told" no way your going to put a black stove upstairs". The living room has a very nice blue enamel gas Dovre with custom hearth etc and I set the standard abit high

Why wouldn't a harman take paint?
lol
Paint that dang thing and post pics!

Do you think this stove could use any paint?
Paint me, paint me!!! That stove is screaming for a makeover. Can someone help? Oh, the humanity of it all! The Hindinburg didn't look that bad compared to this.

Nothing says pimp my stove like this.

Attachments

• P1040416.JPG
    P1040416.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 258
Ahhhh....an oldie but a goodie. I remember you pimpin that stove. Eric, how many did you do like that?

That was a limited edition.

You are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.