Who makes the best gas fireplace inserts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MountainStoveGuy said:
too add to LP usage, its also very corrosive, its rusts everything, and thermocouples last half as long as NG units.

Yeah, that's what I heard from my insert dealer. Regular maintenance seems more important with LP fired inserts.

I'm deciding on a direct vent gas fireplace and am narrowed it to several companies. I have read quite a few postings and I want to know if I'm in the right "neighborhood" on a quality product. Here are 4 that I have thought about:
1. Harman
2. Mendota
3. Regency
4. Napoleon.
Any and all comments are welcomed.

I just found out that an insert is more suitable. The wife wants a large glass area and KozyHeat Jackson xxl has the largest glass area. Any comments on this model?

SteelGuy said:
Beware of Kozy Heat. I have a Kozy Heat zero clearance gas fireplace that is not working, the unit will soot up after 1 hour or so. After repeated calls to the dealer and manufacturer they have no clue what is wrong with the unit.

If it is sooting it is due to a venting problem or the logs not in like the Manufacture specs

Status
Not open for further replies.