Why experts are wrong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'll check out the vid later... but I have one that I think is relevant too.

I always thought the idea of 'the Singularity' was a bunch of laughable hokum. This video made me understand the economic affects of AI (not just the labor effects) in a while new way through a thought experiment... The Duplicator!

I liked the (first, didn't watch, yet?, the second) video.

I think it confirms the approach seen more and more in science (or at least physics) research: most physicists refocus their research after 10 years or so. This allows practice, repetition, feedback, but also switches when the memory of what one learns in studying directly after switching, fades (see doctors diagnosing rare diseases etc.).

The itch to learn (new things) is activated after things become governed by responses due to "system 1".

But there remains a discussion of what an expert is. Physical skills don't fade much (tennis, muscle memory). Knowledge skills can (physicist above - though chess might be the counter example there?).

Interesting.

I don't know why i keep trying to pick stocks. I should just be buying spdr's.