Wifi-connected digital temperature probe with 3 channels?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twd000

Feeling the Heat
Aug 28, 2015
Southern New Hampshire
I have a Dutchwest stove in my basement that I am still "getting to know". I have not installed a catalyst probe because it requires punching a hole in the ceramic refractory shroud. I am often not in the basement when it is running and I would like to be able to monitor the current temperature of the stove to help me learn how to efficiently operate it.

I want to measure three locations: the output of the catalyst, the hottest part of the stovetop, and the stovepipe at the outlet of the stove. The goal is to help understand when the catalyst is active, on the way up, and the way down. I would like temperature logging capabilities (24-hours @ 1 minute increments) so that I can understand the burn cycle overnight. An LCD/LED readout is desirable but not necessary if I can view the status from my iPhone via Wifi.

I see a lot of guys using the Auber 200 and 210, but it looks like those are single-probe inputs, no Wifi, and no temperature logging capability. Is there something else off the shelf I can buy, or do I need to build this with an Arduino/Raspberry Pi custom solution?

Those look close, but no Wifi. I'll look around eBay and see what I can find. Looks like the instructions will be in broken Chinglish so hopefully it works right out of the box. Also I might need to replace the thermocouple going over the catalyst with an inconel version so it can withstand the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.