Will moving my stove scratch the hearth pad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2007
frozen tundra
I just picked up a new hearth pad with a ceramic tiled top. Will my stove scratch the heck out of it if I slide it around on there?

I know I will have to move it at times for the purpose of cleaning, and maintainance. If sliding the stove will scratch it, what can be done to prevent marking it up. How do the rest of you all deal with this?

I'd really hate to ruin a hearth pad that looks pretty nice, any answers/comments would be helpful. Thanks.

packerfan said:
I just picked up a new hearth pad with a ceramic tiled top. Will my stove scratch the heck out of it if I slide it around on there?

I know I will have to move it at times for the purpose of cleaning, and maintainance. If sliding the stove will scratch it, what can be done to prevent marking it up. How do the rest of you all deal with this?

I'd really hate to ruin a hearth pad that looks pretty nice, any answers/comments would be helpful. Thanks.

You can either put a rag OR.....those little round disks work awesome that you buy at store for moving things...there real easy to slip under each leg...

Get someone to help you and lift it instead of sliding. I know the adapter will be siliconed in but break it loose before the lift. Eric

My Englander stove has no legs, so putting something underneath them is out of the question.

The stove appears to rest on the outside edges of the stove on the front and sides of it. The edge is straight down at the bottom. Maybe some rags would do the trick. Lifting it is not something for me due to my back.

The round disks should still work. You'll just need to place them 3/4 of the way under the stove pedestal and it should slide easily.

When I slid my Englander stove off the pallet I took a couple of the thin cutting boards that are very flexible. This worked great when I had it where I wanted a slight lift and that side comes out.

Driz said:
Piece of thin cardboard slid under will keep it sliding easily too. Piece of beer or soda carton or similar. It always goes better and easier if you have another person to do any of this.type of thing.

I find it's a lot easier to watch someone else do this sort of thing, too. More so if I also am enjoying a beverage at the same time.

billb3 said:
Driz said:
Piece of thin cardboard slid under will keep it sliding easily too. Piece of beer or soda carton or similar. It always goes better and easier if you have another person to do any of this.type of thing.

I find it's a lot easier to watch someone else do this sort of thing, too. More so if I also am enjoying a beverage at the same time.

I sure do too, just one thing. My telepathic powers being what they are it won't move very far or very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.