Wind Storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
This last Tuesday night we had a big storm at the cabin. Winds hit 60 miles per hour, there was hail 1 1/4 inch in diameter, and 3 1/2 inches of rain. Many dead branches and a few trees tipped over. The good news is the house wasn't hit. But with trees so close to the house, you just know it's going to happen. A few miles north of me they had 5 inches of rain. I have an extremely steep long driveway that has a history of washing out. Two years ago I trenched down the high side and installed three culverts under the driveway so the rain can go under instead of over. Works like a charm, otherwise I would have to order more gravel and a grader.

Attachments

• storm 001 (512 x 384).jpg
    storm 001 (512 x 384).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 470
  • storm 002 (512 x 384).jpg
    storm 002 (512 x 384).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 463
Glad your OK. Now is a good time to go scrounging for firewood from downed trees.

Todd said:
Glad your OK. Now is a good time to go scrounging for firewood from downed trees.
Now see, that's the type of life hands you lemons, make lemonaid approach that makes wood burners such great people. Everyone else is moaning and groaning, trees down everywhere, "oh me oh my what are we gonna do?" But us wood burners know that when the going gets tough, its' a great time to get more wood. ("But honey, it will fit in between the garage, the garden and the nice 15 cord pile of unsplit by the fence. We always need more wood sweetie.. :) Besides its free!) :cheese: Gotta go, got a huge oak I scrounged to go cut up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.