Winslow pi40 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tom p.

Nov 26, 2016
massachusetts
hi everyone , have a question , I have a pi40 insert , starts and works fine but after about 2 days the burn pot kinda gets full with burnt pellets and slag it’s not blowing it out like it used to , combustion blower gettin weak ? Or could it be it the air needs to be adjusted ? What’s your thoughts , I’ve had the pellet stove for about 5 yrs now

Could be all of the above. But i would lean more twards cleanliness through the stove, draft setting and pellets. If the stove, combustion blower/chamber are clean. Try some diff pellets, open the damper/draft a bit and see if that helps.

Attachments

• 5C588BCD-6F87-4F1B-94A8-42CDDCD1A255.png
    5C588BCD-6F87-4F1B-94A8-42CDDCD1A255.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 116
Could be all of the above. But i would lean more twards cleanliness through the stove, draft setting and pellets. If the stove, combustion blower/chamber are clean. Try some diff pellets, open the damper/draft a bit and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply , the stove was recently cleaned , and looking at your link the stove starts out with a flame that looks like it has good air but after a day or so it looks like the pic of the flame with not enough air , so I guess I will try and adjust the air damper and see how it goes , I will do that tonight and I should know the result by Friday the way it has been running