Winter Arrives Tuesday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Simonkenton

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Marshall NC
I am up here in the North Carolina mountains. We have had some chilly weather, it was 30 degrees this morning. The Oslo is cranking now.
But, it will be cold on Tuesday, a low of 12 degrees and a high of 36, snow in the morning.
I'm sure the Oslo is up to the task.

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
The chill is on.

I am up here in the North Carolina mountains. We have had some chilly weather, it was 30 degrees this morning. The Oslo is cranking now.
But, it will be cold on Tuesday, a low of 12 degrees and a high of 36, snow in the morning.
I'm right there with you! At 4,000 ft. and we could have snow on Tuesday. A early winter blast in the western NC mountains!

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
High of 71 here today with cold front coming in tonite. High of 36 early tomorro and low of 16 with rain turning to snow and ice. Lovely

Same here for us Tuesday. Low if 11 and high of 24. I’ve had the insert going already, but just shoulder wood and the blower as low as it will go. Windows have been opened a few times as well because the family got too hot.

suppose to get our first snow monday! 3ish inches predicted with 7-9 inches predicted north of us nearer to lake michigan. my son is beyond excited for the snow...and im just as excited to see how well my new stove handled the blast of cold air! have had a few nights get into the mid 20s but tuesday night they say itll get down to 12.

The guys out in the warehouse have the radio on - hear this once in a while:
Winter is here, again, Oh Lord Haven't been home in a year or more I hope she holds on a little longer Sent a letter on a long summer day
Journey - Wheel In The Sky 1980
It's in my head now.

Reactions: Woody Stover
We're beginning our decent. Should be arriving in 36hrs our so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-195144~2.png
    Screenshot_20191110-195144~2.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 105
Just got back from deer hunting in northern MN. 0* for a low today. 16* at home in central MN. Cold coming early this year. All the wet ground is frozen. Makes for easy walking though. Good to be home next to the stove!

Reactions: heavy hammer
It seems like most of the country is in for some cold temps. I have a garage full of dry wood and a couple of stoves ready to put out some heat.

I'm right there with you! At 4,000 ft. and we could have snow on Tuesday. A early winter blast in the western NC mountains!
I am at 2,000 feet. You are really going to get it.

Reactions: toddnic
Hopefully, the eastern side of the mountains won't be as bad for snow accumulations as the western side.

We only ended up with about four or five inches here but with yesterdays rain and the snow being heavy some trees are hanging pretty low.

We got two inches of snow. The temp only got to 18, they had predicted 10 degrees. Still, windy and very cold.
The Oslo was up to the job no problem.

got up in the middle of the night to add some more wood....looked at my backyard weather station and it said 4 degrees! set records yesterday for coldest high temp, coldest low temp and today coldest low temp.

We had record lows here last night and probably again tonight. (Now I'm going to make y'all snicker, because it only got down to about 20... that's about as cold as it usually gets in the heart of winter, though.)

Definitely january type temps for most of us. not normal for early november but it all depends on which direction the wind is blowing.

We had record lows here last night and probably again tonight. (Now I'm going to make y'all snicker, because it only got down to about 20... that's about as cold as it usually gets in the heart of winter, though.)

You are a Yankee, yet you used the word "y'all" and you spelled it correctly. You are bilingual.

You are a Yankee, yet you used the word "y'all" and you spelled it correctly. You are bilingual.

Meh, I was born south of the Mason Dixon line, and I lived several years in Georgia. I live in NY now, but I still say "y'all" and"redlight", still fix to do things, and still drink Cokes that say Pepsi on the bottle. :)

So I guess I'm a Yankee, but probably safe from Damnyankee status!

Long Island! Boy, you are a long way from home.

I am from Georgia but I love to visit New York City. Very, very different from Atlanta, I think you need a passport to visit New York if you are from Georgia.

I lived several years in Georgia...drink Cokes that say Pepsi on the bottle.
Don't be seen with a bottle of Pepsi if you go back to Atlanta, you'll be swinging from the nearest tree in short order. :oops:
But don't worry, we'll cut you down and give you a proper burial in one of our ash pits. Of course, we'll drop the tree to get you down..might as well get some more firewood while we're at it. ;lol