Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
anybody know a good Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer???
i've tried a bunch and they all seem to be inaccurate....and dont last..
acurite...rat shack...la Crosse......

Whatever they sell at Walmart is what I have. Measures the wind, rain, temp, humidty, etc. I put it up on a tree about a year ago and it's still working fine. Batteries seem to last a while!

I got this one 6 years ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scient...ON6W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1319159690&sr=8-7

but in white. The outdoor RH went bad a few months ago, so I replaced to outdoor unit--I now have a second unit that still has working temp.
I keep the outdoor unit out of the rain--but it got entombed in ice a couple years ago due to some nasty ice dams. Worked perfectly for another
year afterwards.

If you use lithium aaa's in the outdoor, works for years.....

Quite pleased.

Seems like the atomic clocks don't get a lock anymore--did they change the signal??

What I am looking for is one that only reads temperature from multiple remote sensors. I would put a sensors in various parts of the house and a few outside.

Don't need any of the other functions (barametric pressure, ocean tides, humidity, world time). Just a simple multi sensor temp reader at a low cost.

i would get a USB data logger. I am getting one so i can chart the temperature differences in different rooms. I want to see how well my heat moves from the stove area. For outdoors, put it inside a waterproof case, they sell them at walmart for cell phones and such. I put my phone in one when i go to the beach. The good part of a data logger is you dont have to babysit it, then just plug it in and take a look.

Have you got a URL to the unit you are referring to? I'd like to check it out.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.