Wood boiler plumbing/pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Burnbabe

Nov 4, 2020
Ferrum va
I have searched around and asked how big of a difference is there if I install a wood boiler up hill from the house about 75ft of pipe total .does this effect anything with the returnflowing back up the hill ?
Also has anyone had experience with the Oak tree 300 wood boiler? I can not find information on these.

If the outdoor boiler is high the air will vent back up to the boiler and you'll have no issues.
If the boiler is a lot lower than the house it can be difficult to purge the air out the first time. It doesn't want to go downhill in an open (no pressure) system.
I think Oaktree is either out of business or not doing much anymore. I'm not sure.