Wood burner with boiler - compliant with 2022 regs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Matt_B

Feb 8, 2022
Newcastle, UK
I was just wondering if anyone could advise: My mum finally needs her Much Wenlock replaced - it's the MK2 with a back boiler and it's been great - heated the whole house for years and years but it's now falling apart.

It has taken ages to find someone willing to install a stove with a boiler but eventually found one and got what seemed like a good quote (6K but need new chimney too).

This was all sorted a few months ago but just before they were due to start the work they told us they couldn't get hold of a stove that complies with 2022 regulations. This seems a bit of a strange predicament but I've contacted several other large stove stockists in the region and they've said they can't supply stoves with boilers any more.

Is there ANYTHING around that we could get to replace the Much Wenlock - or any way around this problem? The house has no mains gas so the central heating would be entirely using LPG if it wasn't being heated by the fire.

Would really appreciate any thoughts...