Wood burning fireplace that qualifies for the Federal Tax Credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kjmarkey

Mar 24, 2023
North Carolina
Hi All. I just joined the site to learn more about high-efficiency wood fireplaces that qualify for the upgraded tax credit program. I'm building a new home and want to take advantage of the tax beak, while at the same time install a high-quality wood burning fireplace (not insert).

I understand qualifying appliances must meet or exceed 75% HHV, but having a tough time finding any fireplaces that meets those standards. You would think the manufacturers would be responding to this incentive by putting out more qualifying units.
Any advice /guidance from this group would be appreciated.

I do not think many fireplaces do qualify. And the ones that do are big (like 4.0 cuft). The Montecito Estate is one that comes to mind that qualifies.

The last time I checked, the Astria Montecito Estate was still the only one.

Reactions: raiderfan