Wood Burning Insert - Two options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

willcanada

Nov 24, 2023
Canada
I'm replacing my wood burning insert, and have these two models from separate companies - that have a massive price difference.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either - or could provide insight as to why the cost difference is so massive here?

Company A - Regency CI1150 - 5600 + tax Canadian
Company B - Supreme Fusion 18 - 3050 + tax Canadian

As far as I'm concerned they're similar? Both prices are for just the units - I'm swapping out my current insert for one of these.

The prices seem high for both, but this is peak season and shipping costs may be high if the location is remote. (BC vs Quebec) Are there any Osburn, Napoleon, or PE dealers in the area? Is there already a good 6" stainless in place?

FWIW, we don't see a lot of Supreme Fusion posts here, but they have made some decent stoves according to user responses. It has very different construction compared to the Regency.

The prices seem high for both, but this is peak season and shipping costs may be high if the location is remote. (BC vs Quebec) Are there any Osburn, Napoleon, or PE dealers in the area? Is there already a good 6" stainless in place?

FWIW, we don't see a lot of Supreme Fusion posts here, but they have made some decent stoves according to user responses. It has very different construction compared to the Regency.
There is already a 6" stainless in place - scoped recently and in good condition .

I will continue to search a bit more locally, Halifax Nova Scotia is location!

I'll see if any of those brands are carried as well. Thank you!

Regency has to be shipped farther, but the price still seems high for the small insert. Napoleon, Osburn, and Supreme less distance. If contacting a Pacific Energy dealer, see if they will sell the True North TN20. Without fireplace dimensions I'm not sure if it will fit, but this is the value line of PE stoves.

Regency has to be shipped farther, but the price still seems high for the small insert. Napoleon, Osburn, and Supreme less distance. If contacting a Pacific Energy dealer, see if they will sell the True North TN20. Without fireplace dimensions I'm not sure if it will fit, but this is the value line of PE stoves.

You have been extremely helpful!

I just found a local place through True North website distributors search - called them and asked about the TN20 Insert. $2350 + tax!

That's huge! The TN20 has a decent reputation of being ... functional? haha

Thank you!

The TN20 is a good, basic workhorse. Not fancy or pretty, but it will put out the heat. It has a deep firebox that allows N/S loading. The caveat is that the fireplace has to be deep enough to fit it.