Wood Burning Restrictions in Portland Area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OregonMike

Dec 4, 2018
Portland, OR
With the stagnant weather we're having in the Willamette Valley the Multnomah County Health Department is getting close to a burn ban. Definitely double check before lighting your fires or face a possible fine. Multco here at the Health Department website. It sucks not being able to get the insert going after work but better than a ticket.

Until they issue the ban, continue to burn responsibly. If the ban happens it will be short as better weather rolls in later this week.

Glad I live in an area with no restrictions! Have plenty of neighbours but my chimney is on the back side of the house and I burn clean so hardly ever see smoke, most of them are surprised when they find out the stove runs all winter...

Reactions: blacktail